Are you finding new ways of getting more value from food processing bone remains and expand into new markets?
This post presents a visual overview (pdf) of the Coctio’s the value-added bone management concept. It takes you through the automated, industrial-scale of preparation for traditional bone broths and concentrated sauces all the way to processing fat extract and bone residue for different dry sections.
Working from this pdf format overview, you can evaluate applications for the end products develop with the process and define the module-based machinery included in a kind of production line set-up that fits for your business growth.
In order to estimate and get started on a project of creating a business from bones, take a look at some of the common questions with answers related to a Coctio concept, a size and capacity requirements of the production line.
What are the overall market opportunities that the Coctio concept offers?
- Traditional, nutritious bone broth-based meals and beverages as well as ready broth and sauce brands for the consumer markets
- Customer-specific bone broths, condensed demi-glace sauce bases and ready-to-use sauces as a daily ingredient for the food-services and food manufacturers
- Animal fat as raw material for biodiesel production
- Animal fat as raw material for food industry (food processors)
- Animal fat as raw material for cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries
- Dried meat and fish proteins for the dry pet food industry
- Dried meat and fish proteins for the food processors for preparation of the protein-containing meals for human food consumption
- Dried bone powder for the feed industry
Too many applications to fit in your business development?
No problem. You can start creating value with bone remains either only with a bone broth preparation line set-up (with or without evaporation process) or a bone drying set-up, according to your needs.
What’s the minimum bone raw material and capacity requirements of the Coctio line set-up in bone broth preparation?
The production of bone broths can be started with a minimum of one cooking batch (1 cooker module) to simmer from 3 000 kg to 3 500 kg of bone raw materials per production day. Capacity can easily be expanded following the higher volume of bone raw materials daily by investing in additional cooker and oven modules after the commencement of broth business, first sales targets are met, and demand is rising rapidly in the growth markets.
One batch produces:
- Around 4 500 litres of ready, non-concentrated bone broth or around 1 200 – 1500 litres of concentrated broth or sauce if evaporation process is invested.
- Around 500 kg of pure fat, (approx. 10-15 % of bone weight)
- Around 2000 kg of dried protein material (approx. 50 % of bone weight)
What kind of line-set up fits for your capacity goals to start commercial bone broth and/or dried protein production and what’s the level of investment?
Turn to us! We are happy to define appropriate capacity, yield and initial investment calculations for your business growth strategies.
Request a 1-hour webinar or email us to get in-depth financial info and materials on the Coctio production line!
Did you not find an answer to your question? Click to a list of frequently asked questions with answers >>